At UNIS, we believe that learning doesn't stop at the classroom door. We encourage our students to take part in co-curricular activities all year round, especially during the summer months. The tabs below contain information about different types of summer programs UNIS hosts, as well as external opportunities the school recommends.
Information about external summer program opportunities are provided as a resource for UNIS families and do not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of any program or organization.
Summer Camps at UNIS
i2 Camp at UNIS pre-5th through pre-8th grade
WHEN YOU TRUST KIDS, THEY TRUST THEMSELVES
Grades K-7th Mentorship Program for 8th and 9th
Kids come into this world brimming with curiosity, wonder and creative potential. Unfortunately, we often squash that potential by telling kids what to do, and what to learn.
At Steve & Kate’s, we believe that when you trust kids, they develop the confidence to trust themselves, and learn to use their own judgment. So we built a summer camp that puts kids in charge. Because unlike traditional schools, summer gives us the freedom to reinvent learning in a way that allows kids to make their own choices – and, of course, a few mistakes along the way.
Driven by this belief, we’ve built our summer camp to put kids in the driver’s seat of a world of possibilities. So whether your child is a natural-born storyteller with a love for animation, or a budding chef, or a hacker-in-training, or a dance machine, they can dive into their passions in a world free from adult judgments and expectations.
This summer we'll be launching our digital camper hub, introducing campers to our brand new Game Room, and making even more possible in the music, film, and fashion studios! After 37 years, we are still obsessed with reinventing summer. Because if we’ve learned one thing, it’s that when you think like a child, anything is possible.
At Steve & Kate’s campers step into a world packed with possibilities to experience new opportunities, express themselves, explore their passions and infinite potential. The results are unexpected and surprisingly rich. You can buy a Membership for the whole summer or stock up on Day Passes and use them when you need them. Oh, and lunch is included. Ta-da! Camp Simplified. Open this Summer June 19th August 18th 7:30 am 6:00pm
Register at www.steveandkate.com
Butter Beans Food & Garden Summer Camp (1st to 5th grade) Queens Campus
Two-week Food & Garden summer camp at UNIS Queens
Campers will leave the program with technical culinary skills, as well as a more in-depth knowledge of the agricultural, cultural, and nutritional aspects of the seasonal food they explore at camp, all while having tons of fun with friends! or Click here for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
$675 per week
Information about summer program opportunities are provided as a resource for UNIS families and do not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of any program or organization.
- Sports Programs
- Outdoor Adventure
- Language and Study Abroad
- Academic Programs
- College Programs
- American Camping Association (ACA): Listings and advice on many sleep away camps and teen trip programs.
- Quaker Camps (Quaker): International focus. For direct communication with one such camp contact The Farm and Wilderness Camps at (802) 422-3761.
- YMCA (camps): A great variety of camps are available through the YMCA at reasonable prices. In particular check out Camp Mason located near the Delaware River.
- Rena's Promise is a one week intensive writing programserving teens who want to explore their unique gifts as writers in a camp setting with other like-minded teens.
- MySummerCamps (Your Camp Resource Guide): A database to search many categories of camps (ie. sports, adventure, academic, arts, special needs, language, religious etc)
- Village Camps(International): International summer camps in six different countries.
UNIS Athletics continues to work closely with a number of external sporting organizations that add significant value to the athletics program during the school year. Advantage Tennis and SuperMe Performance are two of these providers. In addition, New York Sports Connection is an organization that promotes a directory of over 600 plus organizations offering over 50 sports in NY. This is a great resource to help filter through the many sporting camps and programs available during the year and the summer holidays. Please find the links below:
- Sail Caribbean(Sail): Teen sailing and scuba diving in the Caribbean with an educational focus.
- Teen Treks(Adventure Biking and Hosteling): Very reasonable biking trips with a very reputable U.S. youth organization.
- Outward Bound(Outward-bound): Outdoor leadership and education programs.
- The Student Conservation Association (SCA): Camps and internships focused on protecting vital habitats.
- Earthwatch (earthwatch): Volunteers participate in projects to collect field data to conserve our planet.
- Transitions Abroad (teen volunteer programs): A listing of teen volunteer programs abroad that encourage meaningful travel.
- Habitat for Humanity(habitat): Help build homes for the less advantaged in different locales.
- Globalworks (Travel with a Purpose): International travel and community service programs in many developing countries.
- Visions (Service Adventures): Cross-cultural service learning opportunities.
- Rustic Pathways (pathways): Summer trips abroad with a service component.
- Cross-Cultural Solutions (solutions): International volunteer programs.
- The Road Less Traveled (roads): Outdoor community service programs in the U.S. and other countries.
- Where There Be Dragons (dragons): Outdoor community service and language programs in developing countries.
- International Seminar Series (study/serve): Community service learning program for pre-college students in Paris and Barcelona.
- Global Leadership Adventures (GLA): 10-22 day service trips in Tanzania, Ghana, China, Ecuador, Bali, Thailand, India, Fiji, Peru, Dominican Republic, Guatemala and Costa Rica.
- Usdan Center for the Creative and Performing Arts (Usdan): Variety of summer programs in the arts located in nearby Long Island.
- Buck's Rock Performing and Creative Arts Camp (Buck's Rock): Performing arts camp with a Montessori approach located in the Berkshire Mountains.
- French Woods Performing Arts Camp (frenchwoods): Performing arts camp in the Catskill Mountains.
- Arte al Sole (artesol):Arte al Sole is a summer day camp for international children offering week-long sessions based on the art, culture, and natural science of Italy with locations in Panicale, Umbria; Lucca, Montepulciano, and Florence in Tuscany; Rome; and Puglia.
- American University of Beirut Summer Arabic Program (AUB): Six-week intensive Arabic program.
- China Institute advances a deeper understanding of China through programs in education,culture, business and art in the belief that cross-cultural understanding strengthens our global community. http://www.chinainstitute.org
- 4-6 week summer programs for students aged 15-18. Dragons' Yunnan-based language programs offered. 3-5 hours a day of classroom instruction are complemented by language immersion and home-stays, both in the city of Kunming and rural villages in western Yunnan:www.wheretherebedragons.com
- International Language Camps Megeve & ESL Internationallanguagecamps.com
- ESL Language Schools (ESL): French, German, Italian or English in Switzerland.
- The Barat Foundation
- Centre Méditerranéen d’Etudes Françaises (CMEF)
- Study in Quebec www.learningfrenchinquebec.com
- UCPA - Union des Centres Sportifs de Plein Air (www.ucpa-vacances.com)
- German courses for children/teens http://www.goethe.de/ins/de/enindex.htm
- Canadian Island (canadianisland)
- WWF Italy (wwf)
- www.babilonia.it/ - Taormina-Sicily
- www.scuolaleonardo.com – Florence, Milan, Rome and Siena
- Namiai (namiai) http://www.jfny.org/language/course.html The Japan Foundation. Summer Intensive programs for teens.
- Enforex (Summer Camps in Spain) Summer Spanish language camps in Spain. Locations in: Barcelona,Granada, Madrid,Marbella.
- Summer Camps in Spain: High School program w/ ArchaeoSpain
- SpainBcn-Programs (SpainBcn): Study abroad program for teens in Barcelona, Spain. Includes home-stay visits with Spanish families, intensive Spanish study, cultural excursions and sports.
- Enfo Camp Programs in Spain (Enfo): Summer Spanish immersion camp in Marbella, Albergue, Spain.
- Abbey Road Overseas Programs (abbey road): Language and cultural immersion programs for pre-college students.
- Middlebury Monterey Language Academy: http://mmla.middlebury.edu/ Summer language programs - Beijing China, Granada Spain, Quebec city Canada, Green Mountain Vermont.
- Concordia Language Villages (Concordia): Summer language programs for all languages taught at UNIS. Located in Minnesota, USA.
- The Cooper Union Introduction to Architecture summer program for high school students.
- LeanGap, a summer program which helps high school students start their own companies.
- LIberty Science Center Camp Program (lsc.org/camp) for rising 4th through 7th graders who love science and technology.
- NOVAMAYA: Entrepreneurship & Social Innovation Programs Summer 2015
- Oxbridge Programs (oxbridge): Academic enrichment programs in various European cities.
- Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth(cty):Summer program for academic enrichment at Johns Hopkins University,
- NYU Summer Programs: School of Professional Studies High School Academy
- Peace Boat voyage during the summer months.
- Royal Veterinary College, University of London (RVC) an exciting two week summer school focused on eterinary skills and knowledge.
- American University's Discover the World of Communication
- Boston University New England Center for Investigative Reporting
- Duke University Summer Academy for High School Students
- Imperial College London Imperial Global Summer School July and August
- Israel Institute of Technology - Technion's Summer Program catered to business, technology, entrepreneurship and science minded high school students.
- New York. Paris. London. These are just some of the culturally and artistically diverse urban locations where your talented teens can live and create in The New School's summer study programs in art and design, filmmaking,drama, and beyond.
- Skidmore: students can try college on before taking college on by enrolling in the Skidmore Summer Pre-College Program.
- Trinity College Dublin’s Summer Schools give students the opportunity to experience the excitement of university life in Ireland’s capital
- University of Rochester’s pre-college, academic program offer students a chance to experience college life and explore new careers.
- Yale Young Global Scholarsto educate increasing numbers of international students and to expose students to global issues, international affairs, American government in comparative perspective, and policy leadership.