We have partnered with K12 Student Direct to operate our online bookstore.
Our new virtual bookstore can be found on the web at www.K12SD.com. K12 Student Direct is operated by a reliable and experienced educational book distributor with sixty years of experience. The online bookstore will open for tax-free shopping on 8/14/13 and will remain open through 9/10/13. After September 10, book ordering will be available via telephone and will be subject to taxes.
You are welcome to search for items across other retailers, but we have taken the time to partner with K12 Student Direct and we urge you to use our partner for the following reasons:
- They offer a generous discount on books, competitive with what you will find other places online.
- By using the online bookstore that we’ve created with K12 Student Direct, your child will be guaranteed to purchase the exact version of the book selected by the teacher. In the past, we’ve run into problems when students and parents have searched for a book on their own and ended up coming into a class with the wrong edition.
- K12 Student Direct is set up to deliver books in time for classes. Many e-retailers can take several weeks to deliver items or will charge fees to guarantee quicker delivery.
- K12 Student Direct is located in Brooklyn, which means that you are supporting a local business, but also that your books will be delivered within one (1) business day and at a low cost of shipping.
- Your purchase through K12 Student Direct helps to support UNIS. When most of the students in a course purchase through a single site, it makes it possible for the faculty to receive teacher editions and other support materials.
- K12 Student Direct also makes available many used, reconditioned books as a cost-efficient alternative to buying new.
- Textbooks purchased from K12 Student Direct, whether new or used, will always be purchased back from students if UNIS is using the book the following year. This is simpler and more cost-effective than dealing with an unaffiliated online retailer.
- Reliability and security: K12 Student Direct as our partner guarantees the security of your payment information and full support from their customer service team.
In short, you can get all of your child’s books from one source and in most cases in one shipment, without the hassles of shopping across different stores.
The K12 Student Direct online bookstore is our official book service. If you search the web for new or used books, please pay special attention to ISBN numbers when ordering from other sources. We can easily assist you if there is an issue with K12Student Direct. We are unable to assist you when problems arise with another Internet bookseller.
Ordering through our virtual bookstore requires that you have access to a computer with an Internet connection. If you do not have access to a computer linked to the Internet either at home or at work, you may check with your local library or the school will arrange access through our computers. Please check with the school office for scheduled access times.
We trust that you will find the online bookstore easy to navigate, but the following are instructions for use:
Before embarking on your bookstore experience, please have on hand your student email address and ID.
Go to www.K12SD.com. Upon arrival, you will be asked to set up an account. Even if you have an account from previous years, please set up a new one. The first step is to select if you are registering as a student or a parent (the latter option is useful if you have more than one child attending UNIS). Then search for UNIS by typing “United.” On the next page, select UNIS as your school, and provide a student ID.
To add students to a parent account, visit MY ACCOUNT. In the space provided, enter the email of the student you’d like to add, and select SAVE. If there isn’t already an account associated with that email select to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and complete the sign up form. After you finish adding a student, click to VIEW STUDENT COURSES.
Note: Please make sure your browser is up to date to ensure proper functioning.
Find Your Course Materials
If a match was found for the student IDs assigned to the account, a list of associated courses will appear in MY COURSES. You may also search for courses and materials individually. Add items to your cart one at a time by selecting ADD ITEM TO CART or as a group by choosing ADD SELECTED ITEMS TO CART.
When you add items to your cart, you will be taken to the cart to review them. You can also get to the cart by selecting the SHOPPING CART button in the upper right portion of the screen.
1. After reviewing the details of your cart, select “Checkout.”
2. Complete shipping contact and address and select a delivery method. Most deliveries to addresses in the Northeast shipped ground and arrive within one business day following processing. If you want to guarantee a certain number of days, additional options (https://www.k12sd.com/WebsiteInfo/Show?page=ShippingRates) are available.
3. Choose a payment method and fill-in the appropriate fields related to that method.
4. Review the details of your order and select Confirm Purchase.
5. An order confirmation page will be displayed and a summary emailed to you. Please note your Order Number. An order placed by credit card will be processed right away. Cashier’s check or money orders will be processed and shipped upon receipt of payment. Personal checks are not accepted.
Students have fourteen days from the school’s course drop/add date to return books. Books returned for a refund must be returned in the same condition in which they were delivered. For more information on returns, please view the policy and instructions on the bookstore website. (https://www.k12sd.com/websiteInfo/Show?page=ReturnPolicy).
A list of answers to frequently asked questions is available on the bookstore website. (https://www.k12sd.com/websiteInfo/Show?page=FAQs)
Contact K12 Student Direct:
Call: (877) 560-2651
Live Chat is also available through the site.