Most recent FAQs regarding Covid-19 per NY Department of Health and NY Department of Education.
COVID & Health Protocols:
- Masks are optional, wearing a high quality mask provides the most protection for you and others.
- The campus will be open to parents and visitors as it was prior to the onset of COVID. All guests are required to show proof of vaccination.
- You will be able to bring guest speakers and visitors on campus to support the students' learning.
- The vaccine mandate remains (boosters required for faculty/staff).
- We will not do COVID pool testing. During the first week of school every family and staff member will receive an at home covid test. Should cases increase we will update the testing protocols.
- RUVNA daily health surveys will not be utilized and there will be no temperature checks upon arrival.
- There will be no remote/Zoom instruction offered unless a student has been out for a minimum of 10 days or more.
Home Testing for COVID-19 is required for people who are symptomatic.
- You may return with a negative COVID-19 test and you are 24 hours symptom free
If you test positive for COVID-19 and have no symptoms:
- Day 0 is the day you were tested (not the day you received your positive test result)
If you test positive and are symptomatic:
- Day 0 of isolation is the day of symptom onset, regardless of when you tested positive
- Day 1 is the first full day after the day your symptoms started
You may end isolation after day 5 if:
- You are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication)
- Your symptoms are improving
- If you still have fever or your other symptoms have not improved, continue to isolate until they improve.
You are not required to test before returning to campus, but you must wear a mask on days 6-10 while on campus.