Successful Trips Highlight the International Awards Program's Work
Our International Award Program recently wrapped up two very successful IA Bronze and Silver trips. Students at the Bronze Level went to Harriman State Park and braved the weather for some challenging hiking. Silver students were in the Poconos for three days of hiking and white water rafting and had a great time navigating their way around some interesting trails.
Soon our Gold Level students will depart for their trip to Santa Barbara and Santa Cruz Island and they are making some last minute preparations for their trip.
There are several important deadlines coming up for students involved in the respective levels of the program:
- Bronze - by Tuesday 13 June all students should have completed their Adventurous Journey section on the ORB.
- Silver - by Wednesday 14 June all students should have completed their Adventurous Journey section on the ORB
- Students on Bronze and Silver have the remainder of the summer to complete their whole award and must have submitted everything for all sections of the award by SUNDAY 17 SEPTEMBER 2017. All deadlines will be posted on Schoology for them.
- Gold students have longer to complete their award and will continue with their meetings upon return to school in September.
As we had off to summer break here are several important dates to coming uUpcoming Dates:
- 18 September 2017 6pm - Parent Information Evening for the International Award for 2017-2018
- 22 September 2017 - Deadline for Student Application to the International Award.
- 13-15 October 2017 - Gold Practice Journey
- 3-5 November 2017 - Silver Practice Journey