Student Responsibilities & FAQs
- Can an individual register for the conference?
- Do I have to be affiliated with a school?
- When and where will I get the link(s) for the conference?
- Can I share the link with my friends?
- How do I register to come to the conference?
- If I am in New York can I join UNIS Students on site to participate in the conference?
- Where do I find the schedule?
- Can I choose which sessions I go to or will I be assigned specific times to participate?
- Will the sessions be recorded?
- How do I ask a question?
- What if my question is not answered?
- Where do I find the working paper?
- Can I submit an article for the working paper?
- Can I suggest a speaker for the conference?
- How can I participate in the student debate?
- Is it required to participate in the cultural showcase?
- How do I register for the cultural showcase?
- What types of acts do you expect for the cultural showcase?
- How long should my act be for the cultural showcase?
- How can I engage my friends in conversations about the pandemic?
- How can I make a difference?
- How do I continue the conversation?
- Where can I get UNIS-UN branded merchandise?
- Does UNIS-UN have a social media presence?
- When do you think the conference will take place at the UN again?
The Cultural showcase is for students to exhibit their culturally diverse talents and gifts to the other conference participants. If you would like to perform, please complete this form to tell us about your performance by Monday, February 15, 2021. Performance can be pre-recorded with video submissions or performed live during the allotted time of the conference. We strongly encourage performances such as dances, singing, traditional music from your home country, demonstrations and short theatre performances as well as presentations about your school, your home country and cultural traditions you would like to share.. Your performance MUST adhere to the following guidelines:
- Acts CANNOT exceed three minutes!
- Final video or pre-recorded presentations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in an acceptable format (ie:MP3, MP4, AVI or MOV) by Monday March 1, 2021.
- Schools may only perform ONE time total during the show.
- NO foul/insensitive language, offensive or inappropriate gestures.
- NO pyrotechnics, open flames or any other dangerous additions and props.
- Acts are responsible for their own recorded music, props, instruments, etc., if needed.
- Recorded video files MUST be sent in advance, via email, to email@example.com in an acceptable format (i.e. AVI or MOV)
- Slideshows MUST be sent in advance, via email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
All acts must be approved by the UNIS-UN Logistics Commission. Selected acts will be notified by Monday, February 22, 2021.